Friday, February 5, 2010


While I'm gone to the Olympics, I will be attending a hockey game at the B.C. Place in Vancouver. It will be U.S.A. versus Switzerland. The american has a number of N.H.L. stars and the Swiss have a few also. The americans have players like Mike Komisarek, Ron Haisney and Ryan Sutter, Patrick Kane, Chris Drury, Phil Kessel, Ryan Kessler, Zach Parise and Mike Modano etc. The goalie for the americans is Ryan Miller and the backup is Jonathan Quick.


The Swiss only have two N.H.L. players who are Jonas Miller who is the swiss backup goaltender and Mark Streit who is one of the defensman, but the starting goalie, Martin Gerber has been successful in the N.H.L. but now plays in the K.H.L. wich is a professional hockey league in Russia.


This game will happen on Ferbruary 16th at 12 o'clock (noon). The picture in the top right corner is Ryan Miller, the N.H.L. star goalie and the starting goalie for team U.S.A. in the 2010 Olympics.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you will see the US play. Perhaps, they will play Canada in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dylan
    Tom from England here,
    I was on your Grandpa's blog and read about your trip. I will keep popping by to see your up dates. It will be interesting to read what it is like 'up close', instead of how I will be watching these games... from the comfort of my armchair.
    I recall the British hopeful Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards, who was the first competitor to represent Great Britain in Olympic Ski jumping which that year were held in Calgary. That was way back in 1988.... I think the phrase "It's the taking part, not the winning that counts" was made for Eddie... if you have never heard of him try google, and then there's a video of his jumps on You Tube.

    All the very best to you... I know you will enjoy it all... so just keep well and keep safe.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grampa sent me. I'm sure that I don't have to tell you to enjoy the trip.

    ReplyDelete