Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb. 18 (Pt. 2 ): The Medal Ceremony


Jacob Hoggard playing the piano during the song " For The Nights I Can Remember".
Jacob Hoggard, lead singer (white T-shirt), Dave Rosin, lead guitar (far end of the stage), and Tommy Mac on bass who is closest to in the picture. There is also Chris Crippin who plays drums but I was not able to get him in the picture.

Shaun White (gold medalist), the Finnish boarder Peetu Piiroinen (silver medalist) and Scotty Lago the bronze medalist walking up to the podium for their medals.

Christine Nesbitt impatiently waiting for her gold medal. Beside her is Annette Gerritsen who placed second and Lauren van Riessen who got bronze.


The medal ceremony is one of the greatest moments of my Olympic Trip. Hearing Oh Canada play in a stadium that is jam packed with these Canadians and everyone is singing the National Anthem of our country made me proud to be there and proud to be Canadian. Seeing the gold medal being presented to a Canadian on home soil is something I will probably never get to experience ever again. I've got a video of Christine Nesbitt's medal presentation that I will try to put up later because it is not working right now. I've got pictures though! After the medals were presented, there was a concert afterwards and Hedley was playing. When you're about 100 feet up from the presentation and about 200 feet away from it, it was quite hard to take a good picture but I tried.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered becoming a Sports Journalist? You have done an exceptional job so far.

    You could feel the excitement in our house as we are counting down the days for your return home. Travis is expressing himself with tears as he is missing you a lot. He even slept in your bed over the weekend.

    Wishing you a safe trip to “Big White”. Enjoy your last few days.

    Love,
    Mom xoxoxoxoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan, I hope you have the chance again to see in person a Canadian Gold Medal Presentation on Canadian soil but I don't think I'll have the opportunity in my lifetime. I blew it! I should have been there. For sure you have had a moment you will never forget. You'll be telling your grandchildren about it for years. Love, Aunt Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying a post because i notice you have not received any comments lately. I checked the settings on your blog but they look okay.

    Have fun snowboarding today. see you soon

    love dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to feel patriotic and proud for one's country and the accomplishments of it's people ( in this instance it's athletes). One should be modest about it as other people are also proud of their country and often justifiably so.

    Most athletes never make it to the podium. They too have done well, trying their best and accomplishing all they can on a particular day. They deserve to be respected and honoured also.

    I hope you are swooshing down the slopes where you are and having the time of your life! I watched some Youtube videos of the snowboarding at Mount Baldy. What a great time. DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete