Thursday, February 4, 2010

Big White Ski Resort


On February 22nd and 23rd, I will be staying at the second largest ski resort in Canada situated in Kelowna, Big White. Here are the main reasons why this place is so great.


Reason #1: The slogan of Big White is "It's The Snow" because of the amazing snow that they get there. They get up to 750 cm of snow every year!


Reason #2: The second reason why Big White is such an awesome resort is because you get your private hot tub to relax in.


Reason #3: In Kelowna, the temperature is perfect to snowboard with a daytime winter average temperature of -5 celsius.


Reason #4: At Big White, the ski resort is huge! It has 118 runs, 5 alpine bowls, and a big terrain park (Telus Park). This resort is way better than the ski hill that I normally snowboard . It only has about 5 runs.


Reason #5: The 5th reason why Big White is a great resort is because of it's short lineups for lifts. They have 16 lifts that can hold up to 28 000 skiers/snowboarders.


Reason #6: Big White isn't just a place to ski or snowboard, there is a huge outdoor skating rink, a tubing park, a village (this resort has a mini town).


I have been snowboarding for several years now so this will be quite an experience for me. The picture in the top right corner is me getting ready to do a run at Horseshoe Ski Resort In Orillia.

5 comments:

  1. "Big White" here we come! Skiing, snowboarding, skating, tubing and hot tub what more could we ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dylan: I am here because my blogger friend (your Grandad) recommended we stop by. I look forward to going on your Olympic trip with you ... by Blogmobile !
    Your on my "Favorites" list so I'll check regulary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for Dylan to begin this great adventure. As his mother, I am questioning what I was thinking allowing him to go for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete